Monday, November 4, 2013

OUTFIT No. 27

 H&M dress // American Apparel Scarf // Forever 21 Jacket // Aldo Wedge Sneaks

This weekend I felt acutely aware of the all the Autumn beauty. The leaves are at their peak color now, the sky turns into a fantastic technicolor show at sundown, and the air is crisp- and after major storms this past week, everything smelled so clean.

I have always loved this quote by Truman Capote in Breakfast at Tiffanys. Fall can be sad if you let it, but if you look at it as an important stage of Mother Earths rebirth it is quite beautiful and I think it is a  new beginning- out with old and in with the new. I find a lot of my most inspired ideas and thoughts happen this time of year, and it gives me all of winter to stay indoors and get things done!

I have a lot of big ideas on my mind lately- some involving the near future, and some that will need time to mature. The feeling of needing to take action and make change is a huge motivator for me right now. Nate and I have been inspired to commit to positive thinking- I have already seen a difference in my thoughts over the last two days and I am expecting really amazing things for the month of November! All of the things on my long list of ideas need that positive thinking- I don't have time to dwell on negativity or passive actions, I need to channel as much positive energy as I can into all areas of my life.

This fall has definitely left me feeling more alive, more empowered, and more inspired. I believe it is from taking the the time to really breathe deep and enjoy life in the moment. I never really understood what people meant by that, or how to capture that feeling for myself. But while we have this short lull between the festivities of Halloween and the coming buzz of the Holiday season I plan on taking a lot more moments to soak everything in and just be happy being. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment