Saturday, November 2, 2013

MAKE IT YOURSELF: FLANNEL CIRCLE SCARF

I love me an easy DIY and this scarf is no exception- it took me a half hour tops to complete both of these flannel beauts, so a perfect weekend mini project!

I was originally inspired by this Sincerely Jules post- and since my love affair with flannel deepens I knew I had to make my own, and for a lot less!

You need:
Flannel
Scissors
Sewing Machine (or kick it old school and hand stitch your heart out!)
pins

I cut my pieces of flannel into 16"x 24"- I liked the Madewell version Jules sported but I like my scarves to feel big, cozy, and voluminous! After I cut them I folded in half length wise, and stitched up the sides, leaving the two ends open. I then turned them inside out to hide the seams. To finish off the circle I folded the scarf in half- bringing the two open ends together and sewed about 1/8" of a hem. Then you turn your scarf 'right side out' and voila- a lovely circle scarf ready for cozy fall days!

I am sure there is a way to do a blind hem to bring the two ends together but I 1. don't know how to do that and 2. did not have the patience to You Tube it- So all you pro seamstresses, don't judge to harshly ;)

Happy Sewing! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment