Tuesday, August 6, 2013

TASTY TUESDAY

   1 // 2 // 3

My experience with kale was very minimal before our adventures in juicing began. Kale doesn't taste like your typical leafy green, it has a very dense flavor and can seem less than appetizing the first few times. But despite this I have the good sense of going forward with this super food- I know I just have to find new ways to enjoy it instead of just using it as a romaine substitute. Besides being a great source of vitamins, kale is also known to help reduce cholesterol, has lots of iron (great for vegetarians) and is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits. So I spent my morning trying to feel human again after a crazy intense weekend of working and looking through recipes that use kale- the three listed above are definite ones going on my to-try list! I will be reporting back any successes ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment