Tuesday, August 13, 2013

TASTY TUESDAY

Watermelon .... Salad. It is an amazing thing. I had a really rough Monday and on my drive home I remembered I had picked up half of a delicious organic watermelon over the weekend and it would be the perfect pick-me-up to make this salad.

I found this on a website last summer ... or the summer before? I wish I had the original source but alas, it is long gone. So please forgive!

Ingredients:
3 cups cubed watermelon
2 green onions, chopped
1 tbls mint, chopped
2 tbls white balsamic vinegar
2 tbls white wine vinegar
3 tbls EVOO
2 tsp sugar (I used Stevia)
1 tsp Salt
Pepper to taste
Combine ingredients in bowl and stir well- serve immediately or let the flavors mesh overnight in the fridge! So simple and yum, my favorite kind of recipe ;)

PS. I tried the Kale and Avocado salad recipe I posted last Tasty Tuesday... not my favorite- a little too tangy for my taste (I am weird about lemon-y recipes). It was worth the try but on to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment