Wednesday, September 18, 2013

TASTY TUESDAY (ON A WEDNESDAY)

This little blog of mine is 4 months old today. I was thinking about where this all started, how far I have come in these few short months, and how so much has changed. When this all started I was signed up for school fall semester and start working towards a degree in Business Admin. I had yet to really discover the beauty of food, to fully educate myself on the food industry, or spend much time in the kitchen at all.

Four months ago my pantry simply had dried spices/ herbs, one type of cooking oil, and I cooked only a few times a week (and those were mediocre meals at best, supplemented with lots of processed foods). Now I look in my pantry and I have multiple oils and vinegars, a stock pile of seasonings and root vegetables, I discovered the wonderfulness of fresh herbs, I cook with my cast iron set now instead of letting it collect dust and I know more about casein and anti-oxidants then I ever thought possible. And when I look back at all of this- all the hours I spent in researching, dropping out of school before it even started because I realized nutrition was my passion, at how my trips to the grocery are more educated now- and I can't help but be proud of myself. The hours I put in and the decisions I have made- to better both Nate and I's life.
Our kitchen may be tiny and we were ill acquainted for the first 2 years we lived here ... but now cooking meals with Nate while Stella patiently waits to catch something that might fall to the floor is one of my favorite ways to unwind. Cooking used to intimidate me and now I feel more courageous to try new recipes and even vary the recipe of my own free will! Something I would never have done before in fear of ruining it.

Hopefully four months from now I can look back on this post and have the same sense of pride- that I have made even more progress. Maybe I will finally conquer my aversion to tofu, and actually buy and cook some seitan? Who knows. But I'm looking forward to all of it ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment